Hey Guys, I won’t lie to you, GoDaddy is huge!
If you’re a Canadian or United State’s resident or even a Super Bowl fan from around the world, you might have seen their advertisement many times especially during the Super Bowl game.
GoDaddy actually claimed to be the world’s leading website builder and domain registrar.
Despite their huge success, there are a lot of complaints about their products and services.
Today, you will learn if GoDaddy is a scam or not and probably if they are the best in the industry.
Founded: 1997 – That’s about 22 years ago
Industry: Website Building, Domain Registering & Website Hosting
Overall Rank: 78 out of 100
You can quickly have a look at my #1 Recommended platform for Website Building, Domain Registering & Website Hosting here. They rank 98 out of 100 and have the best price per quality ratio while constantly evolving and improving even though the price remains the same. Actually the first 2 websites you will create are 100% FREE. No need of credit card.
Anyways let’s dig in to learn more about GoDaddy.
What is GoDaddy? or Who is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is a popular American domain registrar and website hosting platform. They have served over 17 million customers, have over 5,000 employees globally and they are known for their over-the-top advert, especially during the Super Bowl commercials. According to my research, GoDaddy manages over 60 million domains, with an annual revenue of about 2 billion dollars.
GoDaddy Products and Costs:
- Membership/Year: $4.99. This allows members to bid and purchase GoDaddy auctions, and list domain names on sale at $0 cost
- Basic Website: $3.99 per month. This package gives members access to 1 website with 10GB storage using WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc.
- Deluxe Website: $4.49 per month. This package gives members access to 1 website with 15GB storage using WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc.
- Ultimate Package: $7.99 per month. This package would give you access to 2 websites with 30GB storage using WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc.
- DEVELOPER Package: $13.99 per month. This package would give you access to 5 websites with 50GB storage using WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc.
Note: GoDaddy Web Hosting services are cheap but the quality isn’t always the best.
GoDaddy’s Pros and Cons
- A one-stop shop offering both the domain registering and website hosting
- Ability to build a WordPress integrated website
- The packages are cheap at just $0.99 per year for domain registration plus $3.49 per month for a basic website
- They have a very poor track record of shutting down phishing problems
- They have a track record of low quality websites
- The advertisements are a bit vulgar and misleading which may make visitors think less of your website if they know it is hosted with GoDaddy
- The search engine optimization (SEO) score may suffer through no fault of your own if a search engine like Google finds low-quality sites hosted on GoDaddy and decides to devalue all websites on that domain – You can’t control this problem
- Again, your SEO may drop due to GoDaddy hosting on a custom hosting panel. In short, search engines prefer better domain hosts like Wealthy Affiliate or Bluehost
- The GoDaddy’s 100GB storage limit for a basic website is really small, especially considering some web hosting services offer unlimited storage as standard
No you should not use GoDaddy to build and host your business website
Why is that? Please read along for details
You see in today’s modern world, there isn’t anything more important to your business as your website.
Therefore, building and designing your website should not be taken for granted.
To have a successful business, you need to do everything you can to develop the most effective webpage as possible for your business. This way you can ensure that your business is as successful as possible.
Haven’t said that, you would also need to avoid potential pitfalls or else your business will suffer the consequences.
Now what sort of pitfalls should you be avoiding?
To be specific, my number one would be – do not use GoDaddy!
I know what you are thinking now?
You would like to know more about GoDaddy and the reasons why you should not use them
GoDaddy is a popular website building, hosting and domain registering platform as have said earlier. They sure have website building tools that allows businesses to build their own website.
The reason behind their being popular wasn’t because they offer high quality product and services but because they spend a lot of money on advertisement to trap people and businesses.
As a result of their being big in advertising, most small business that find themselves in need of a website, GoDaddy is typically one of the first website building company that comes to their mind and usually the one that they end up using.
Hey, my friend reading this article today, do not make this huge mistake for your business
GoDaddy is not worth your time and money, and they would end up earning your business with out helping your business.
Why Should You Stay Away From GoDaddy?
Here are my 3 main reasons
1). LACK OF FLEXIBILITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS WEBSITE: Their website builder might have lots of premade design template that seems great for the design of your business website but there is a major downside.
You have zero creative control when it comes to changing your business website template.
This simply means that once you pick up the premade template to use, you’re stuck with it for life as you won’t be able to switch to other template without losing all your contents.
If you’re wanting your website to stay ahead of the quality leads, you need to be able to continually update the quality of your website template so as to be able to make the first and right impression to your customers and visitors.
So for your website template to standout, stay away from GoDaddy.
2). RELIANCE ON THIRD PARTY TOOLS: I will be frank with you my friend, Godday’s website development isn’t their bread and butter.
As a result, their website builder is missing a lot of common functionality tools that typically help small businesses website to be successful.
Some of these common functionality are traffic thriving tools like maps, newsletters, privacy and business protection etc.
However, GoDaddy does allow you to incorporate this tools into your website but here is the kicker – YOU HAVE TO USE THEIR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS.
This simply means that you will be responsible for properly using those applications
In order words, if you don’t do it right or if you have problem incorporating them properly then GoDaddy is not responsible
This shows that GoDaddy doesn’t really care about the success of the product or service that your are paying for
As a result, GoDady doesn’t really do the time consuming and challenging work of the service that they are providing for you
The design work of your website is left for you without any concrete support after you’ve paid for the service
3). SLUGGISH MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS OF THEIR WEBSITE: Nowadays, having a mobile responsive website that can be viewed on deskstops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones is essential for the success of your business
And while GoDaddy’s website builder can automatically convert your website to a mobile friendly interface, their mobile display is very basic at the best
And a poor mobile display is a major issue for any business website
Typically consumers expect businesses mobile website to look just as high quality as they do on a deskstop computer but GoDaddy’s mobile website do not offer this same quality
And as a result of this, the basic mobile version of your business’s GoDaddy website can actually harm your business
Is GoDaddy Worth it? – For Your Business Website?
Are you looking for a better website building option for your business?
If you are looking for something very cheap and maybe not so reliable website builder, definitely yes, go for GoDaddy
Determining to build a very high quality website that is mobile friendly for your business is one of the most important and hardest decision that you would ever made for your business to succeed
Hopefully, after reading through this review, you’ve realised that GoDaddy isn’t the right answer to develop a high quality website for your business
So who do you hire or use to develop your business’s website?
Are you searching for an effective, reputable, affordable and supportive platform to develop your business’s website?
Are you are looking for a high quality website building platform with 24/7 support at a great price or even for FREE? If yes is your answer
Check out my #1 Recommended alternative Here
There you will access
- A great website builder
- A World-class training platform to make a living online – I have undergone the training myself and it is working for me.
- 25 Websites & Domain hosting with 24/7 support
- A High-quality technical and community support where response comes usually within a few minutes
- Support and help from successful online entrepreneurs. As a member, you can freely ask any questions related to your websites and making money online and people are usually more than happy to help you out.
- My one-on-one help support.
What else could you ask for? All these costs less than $1 per day and you can try it out for completely FREE with ability to build 2 websites. No credit card is required to join.